IHG Hotels & Resorts
Travel is a journey. At Holiday Inn, we help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. We thrive on making our guest’s stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So, if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn® family.
Holiday Inn & Suites Dubai Science Park, a preopening hotel, is looking for an active Financial Accountant to join their extraordinary team! Ideally located in the heart of Dubai Science Park, in the most sought after residential area of Dubai. Minutes away from mega malls, magnificent Jumeirah Beaches, world’s leading tourist attractions and Parks, auto drome and over 5 championship golf courses. The Holiday Inn & Suites at Dubai Science Park will include 240 hotel rooms and suites and 84 one-bedroom apartments, anchor F&B offerings and an extensive 1026sqm cutting-edge meeting and events facilities.
Your day to day
- Strive for constant improvements and takes responsibility for achieving business results and persevere despite obstacles
- Review and correct daily revenue journal
- Controls all balance sheet accounts by preparation of monthly account reconciliations and actions accordingly
- Specifically reviews the accounts payable balance to ensure accuracy and proposes action and follow up to be taken to ensure a clear balance with limited over 90/120 day amounts
- Control accommodation advance deposits
- Monitor house banks and investments
- Analyze and investigate cashiers’ overs and shorts
- Code and input manual cheques
- Review accounts payable monthly inventory reconciliations
- Review accounts payable purchase journal
- Review travel agency commission payments
- Maintain replacement reserve cash book
- Review and prepare input in the general ledge from various sources
- Prepare month end journals
- Prepare balance sheet record and identify and reconcile all items therein
- Prepares all journal vouchers for month-end closing
- Prepares monthly Financial Statements for distribution to Department Heads and Executives, as directed by Finance Manager
- Responsible for month-end back-office computer closing Prepares asset purchase/disposal report for owners Assists Manager of Finance and Assistant in budget preparation and input, forecast reports and monthly reporting to corporate finance
- Reports directly to and communicates with the Manager of Finance a on all matters pertaining to accounting and financial controls Cooperates, coordinates and communicates with other departments in matters
What we need from you
Ideally, looking for a candidate with at least Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field. Experience:
- 3 years in hotel accounting or auditing experience
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
Go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.