Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.
Human Resources leads the implementation of the Group’s people strategy in line with business objectives. It facilitates talent management, succession planning and employee mobility while defining and overseeing frameworks that support employee performance management, reward, learning and development, resourcing and engagement.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our Human Resources team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
The HR Advisory role supports the businesses in the achievement of their strategic goals through the effective management and performance of its staff by ensuring that managers have the confidence to lead their teams with confidence and integrity.
- The role of HR continues to develop, as HSBC drives a globally aligned model across all its functions. Banking is fiercely competitive with heavy and increasing regulation. Organizational capability, performance and talent management are under close market scrutiny.
- HR Customer Experience & Advisory is part of the HR operational function and is responsible for the employee service proposition on a global basis.
- The Advisory Teams within HR are actively engaged in maintaining high standards of operational activity throughout the year, (BAU) as well as researching and implementing the changes necessary to support the ongoing transformation of HR and the Business.
In this role, you will:
- Support people managers and employees in navigating complex people challenges across the spectrum of HR Services with coaching and advice to help resolve the challenges.
- Relationship manage and co-ordinate support for enquiries that touch multiple areas of HR, this may involve co-ordinating multiple HR specialists to resolve complex people issues.
- Help in interpretation of policy and procedures and provide oversight of some complex events which need higher touch handling (e.g. redundancy programmes) working with the HR Business Partner, HR Consultants and Specialist teams where required.
- Support the Change journey for People managers around a broad range of HR Processes. Give support and encourage customer adoption of HR Systems and tools.
- Support understanding of how HR products and services are received to continuously improve the overall workforce experience by using case and knowledge management tools to identify trends in the questions and challenges colleagues have.
- Identify areas for improvements to make HR services and products (and the supporting policies and processes) even better for the workforce based on data from case and knowledge management tools
- Provide the appropriate level of support for Senior Executives providing end to end co-ordination and quality assurance of queries and transaction resolution.
- Provide advice and guidance through a range of channels, e.g. case management tools, click to chat and telephone, balancing face to face contact as necessary
- Escalate gaps in policy and process to the appropriate relationship manager in the HR Advisory team and/or the customer contact support team and/or the appropriate GSO area or CoE. Work with the HR business in order to influence appropriate changes
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Qualifications in Human Resources or relevant field
- Relevant HR experience of 3-5 years is preferred
- Experience and understanding of HR policies and procedures
- Understanding of the UAE Employment Laws
- Handling of grievances and complaints
- Fair understanding on diverse workforce, matrix reporting environment, hybrid working, D&I, challenges / opportunities and governance
- Good data analytics and interpretation
- Proficient in MS- Word, Excel & PPT
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to maintain effective working relationships with teams, peers, senior management and business stakeholders
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000HXHS.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.