Team Leader, Transactional Monitoring (TRM) 0000HYMV
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities. Transaction Risk Management (TRM) is an integral risk control and management team within GTRF. GTRF’s growth strategy is expected to be largely driven by bespoke structured trade transactions extended to borrowing customers as well as broadening existing base. Nature of such structured solution require strong risk management practices that have ability to review and control risks at various levels.
We are currently seeking an ambitious individual to join our TRM team within Commercial Banking team, working together with colleagues to define, manage and achieve divisional business targets.
In this role, you will:
- Leading and manage team that manages transactional controls across Structured trade facilities.
- Ensure process delivers with increased productivity by encouraging culture of continuous improvement that delivers high quality output with same or reduced investment of efforts.
- Actively look for streamlining opportunities with prudent and pro-active risk management practices that highlight early warning signals including outliers.
- Identify need for training including imparting learnings within team members as appropriate. Set up robust process checking mechanism for consistent quality output as per FIM, GOP and approved processes in line with risk intent that minimizes operational risks and achieve satisfactory audit review.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership and team management capabilities for successful execution of projects, tasks and daily activities with clearly defining roles and responsibilities among team members. Set up and participate in formal communication mechanism to co-ordinate within TRM risk teams.
- Setting up of structure trade facilities in respective systems for transactional level monitoring for all by adhering to respective product and global operating procedures, credit approvals, endorsement comments and specific instructions.
- Conduct in-flight controls including pre-drawdown, post drawdown, continuous monitoring including conducting reconciliation processes as required for in-life transactions including screening and reviewing of supporting transactional documents. This includes frequency bound, ad-hoc / be-spoke checks for selected facilities. This includes providing summary of transactional observations to account monitoring and portfolio review teams.
- Co-ordinate with customers, Business development managers, relationship team, operations, GTRF services and various other stakeholders for seeking queries, providing information and escalating transactions for apparent outliers requiring additional scrutiny, control or approval as Level 1 officer.
- Suggest process improvements including and co-ordinate with regional/global teams for getting these changes approved and embed once approved; to suit risk management and local/regional nuances.
- Conduct valuations and publication of valuation checks such as notional exposure monitoring, mark to market, asset valuations using market price data.
- Provide oversight to commodity specific structures.
- Facilitate drafting of receivable finance specific (legal) documentation as per standard template agreed as provided by product and external / internal legal teams.
- Facility set up and maintenance of Receivables finance facilities in systems including reconciliation of records.
RequirementsTo be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Moderate to advance knowledge of trade finance products especially Structured Trade Finance.
- Comfortable with data management including collecting, organizing, summarizing big datasets in to understandable business summary for effective discussion and decision making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills i.e. Comfortable in writing up notes and presenting to peers and senior stakeholders that clearly articulates background, pre-text, proposal, analysis done, action or status.
- Ability to independently drive initiative by taking ownership and demonstrate “can do” attitude.
- Collaborative approach to influence colleagues by active listening, consulting and coaching.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new procedures to support dynamic business environment.
- Graduation degree is a must to secure a UAE Visa and Work Permit
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000HYMV.
You’ll achieve more at HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.