Full Stack Engineer, HSBC Ventures, Innovation & Partnerships (ID: 0000HW5Z) GCB6
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here.We are looking for someone who can bring technical gravitas, thought leadership and a passion for technology. This is a unique opportunity for a senior technologist to help us build something that will directly accelerate the digital transformation of HSBC. The role will report into the Head of Open. Join a high performing team which focuses on delivery and digital transformation!
The Full Stack Engineer job is responsible for working across the Technology delivery lifecycle including inception, construction, testing, release and ongoing management of a product or service in a pod within a Technology team.
They will be required to continually enhance their skills within a number of specialisms which include front end, development, security, testing, and operational support.
- Provide support across the end-to-end delivery and run lifecycle, utilising their skills and expertise to carry out software development, testing and operational support activities with the ability to move between these according to demand
- End-to-end accountability for a product or service, identifying and developing the most appropriate Technology solutions to meet customer needs as part of the Customer Journey
- Liaise with other engineers, architects and business stakeholders to understand and drive the product or service’s direction
- Establish a digital environment and automate processes to minimize variation and ensure predictable high quality code and data. Create technical test plans and records, including unit and integration tests, within automated test environments to ensure code quality
- Provide support to DevOps teams working at all stages of a product or service release/change with a strong customer focus and end-to-end journeys, ensuring they have an excellent domain knowledge
- Working with Ops, Dev and Test Engineers to ensure operational issues (performance, operator intervention, alerting, design defect related issues, etc.) are identified and addressed at all stages of a product or service release/change
- Provide support in identification and resolution of all incidents associated with the IT service, as directed by leadership of the DevOps team
- Responsible for automating the continuous integration/continuous delivery pipeline within a DevOps Product/Service team driving a culture of continuous improvement
- Keep up-to-date and have expertise on current tools, technologies and areas like cyber security and regulations pertaining to aspects like data privacy, consent, data residency etc. that are applicable
To be successful in the role, you should meet the following requirements:
- Demonstrable entrepreneurial spirit; A change driver and fast leaner.
- A university graduate. Graduates from an international top university highly preferred, MS or PhD preferred.
- Full stack software engineering capability including front-end, middleware, backend is a must.
- Knowledge of “Talk is cheap. Show me the code” — Linus Torvalds (2000) Hands-on engineering capabilities in state-of-the-art technologies (AI, Blockchain, IoTs, etc.) is a must.
- Proven contribution to international academic and industrial communities and/or open source communities will be a huge advantage.
- Business knowledge in financial services industry (retail, wholesale and investment banking, wealth management, insurance, financial markets, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience of working in a DevOps focused environment and working in an Agile Team. Flexible and adaptable in accommodating change of requirement and willing to take new responsibilities when necessary.
- Knowledge of architecture disciplines and the ability put the governance into practice, knowledge of industry standards will be an advantage.
- Good understanding of design on micro-service and containerization.
- Strong experience delivering scalable solutions in finance industry area.
- Familiar with cloud platforms, including auto-scaling and global deployments of application architecture, with actual project experience on at least 1 cloud platform (including AWS, GCP and Ali Cloud).
- Familiar with over 2 programming language, like Java/Python/Golang/Node.js and relevant Design Patterns and databases including relational DB and NOSQL DB.
- Capability of using and extending common open frameworks (e.g. Spring, Tensor Flow, Ethereum, etc.)
- Capability to build up and setup PoC Environment rapidly with Cloud, Container, etc.
- Over 1 years’ experience on block chain smart contract, like Solidity, ERC-20, DApp, like web3.js, Truffle, React, Node JS, Type Script, Etc
- Knowledge on block chain protocol, like consensus algorithm, Roll up.
- Over 5 years’ experience after university bachelor degree
- Broad and comprehensive understanding of concepts and principles within one discipline
- The role requires a sound understanding of a value unit / product / region / legal entity, alongside a good understanding of the industry and the challenges and changes in the sector.
- Covers a wide range of activities that require evaluative judgements based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information in complicated perhaps novel situations
- Seeks ways of improving and adapting day to day departmental activities and will actively seek authority to implement them
- Latitude to make decisions within the value unit / region / product / legal entity strategy guidelines. There is direction from the long-term business goals with few or no policies to direct how the role should work.
- Implements business plans through own team and is accountable for results
- The role requires the ability to guide, persuade and influence others through the developed skills of communication and diplomacy.
- The role requires the ability to negotiate and influence within their team with a high level of influence.
For further details and application information please visit our careers site, searching under reference number 0000HVF9
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited