Provide administration support to the MEA&T Commercial Team
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical well-being of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton Travel Discount Program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
What will I be doing?
Administrative Activities 80%
- Schedules and manages calendars and travel arrangements.
- Drafts and/or prepares memorandums and business correspondence, ensuring the accuracy of all documents provided.
- Coordinates the on-boarding activities for new and/or transferring team members into the department.
- Maintains departmental correspondence and files
- Takes meeting notes
- Designs and prepares departmental reports (i.e. charts, graphs, tables, business plans).
- Creates and develops visual presentations.
- Prepares expense reports.
- Pulls researches or enters data into spread sheets and/or databases.
- Monitors incoming emails, prioritising issues and responding to any requests possible.
- Maintains contact lists and task lists as necessary.
- Budget control and reporting
- Updates expenses
- Manages the event calendar for the team.
- Works independently or with a team on special and/or recurring department projects.
- Track team member movements within the department
- Project management support
- Assist with regional participation on important shows and exhibitions
- General administration duties
- Dealing with ad hoc enquiries
- Cover for the Executive Assistant in their absence
Coordinating Activities 20%
- Acts as liaison between various departments.
- Coordinates the department’s external events.
- Coordinates the department vendor and/or third party written or verbal communication.
- Coordinates department activities.
- Schedules meetings and completes arrangements for meeting venues and food & beverage as required.
What are we looking for?
- The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, well-organised, extremely detail-oriented and an assertive team player, willing to take ownership of responsibilities, and possess a high level of positive energy and drive.
- Excellent time management, organisational, coordination and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Must be able to effectively communicate while employing diplomacy with high level executives within the organisation on a global scale. Must be capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously with little supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and set appropriate trace systems to track projects and work. Completes assignments on time, or advises in advance of any delays.
- The ability to effectively deal with employees and customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Must have the ability to access and accurately input information using computer word-processing, database and/or spread sheet programs, specifically the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Due to the confidential nature of the function, absolute discretion must be exercised with all documents and information.
- Capable of poised and diplomatic communication with global executives
- Ability to occasionally work overtime when the department is faced with critical deadlines.
- Ability to travel when occasion requires
- The successful candidate will need to be a current resident in the UAE with family sponsorship
- Previous experience within a clerical/administration role
- High proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook preferred.
- Previous Administration Assistant experience
Hilton – Regional Office – Dubai