The Assistant Director of Groups, Conference & Events for the Conrad Dubai is responsible for assisting and manages the Groups, Conference & Events Department to actively convert customer enquiries into confirmed sales. Interact frequently with customers and guests to learn about their needs and develop relationships from which to earn repeat and expanded business and at the same time maximize revenues & control expenses through effective negotiation of services & accurate forecasting.
What will I be doing?
The Assistant Director of Groups, Conference & Events for Conrad Dubai is responsible to perform the following tasks to the highest standards
- Ensure to maximise all Group, Conference, and Event revenue opportunities, review hotel business plans, identify gaps and ensure proactive efforts to fill capacity and meet set targets.
- Contribute to the selling strategy of the hotel, and manage the departments’ adherence to achieving that strategy.
- Prepare departmental budget and forecasts, operating within set parameters & ensure effective cost control.
- Understand the competitive market place and implement approaches to ensure the hotel stays ahead in the local market.
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients, prior to, throughout and post-conference, exceeding their expectations and encouraging repeat business.
- Ensure the GCE Sales Team Members are developed effectively and generate a culture of high quality standards for relationship building, customer service, selling techniques, and billing and processing contracts.
- Prepares reports, correspondence and analysis relative to group activity i.e. activity checklist, call reports, forecast evaluations, menu proposals, written customer correspondence, banquet event orders resume, post event report and internal memos or communications.
- Directs guest room, meeting and event logistics to respective departments and team members.
- Directs customer relationships in a proactive manner relative to payment structure, room block management, food and beverage, public room rental and exhibit hall fees, incremental and affiliate revenue streams, performance damages and master billing process.
- Analyzes customers’ service and product needs and financial issues of in-house groups; authorizes appropriate resolution of customers’ concerns while maintaining profitability.
- Represents the hotel to customers in the role of executing negotiated group sales agreements including but not limited to room blocks, food and beverage, exhibits and associated products and services. This includes, but is not limited to negotiation of pricing and terms and conditions of products, labor and services not specifically articulated in master agreement.
- Negotiates service agreements with companies and organizations affiliated with group business. Negotiates vendor partner agreements. Directs customer services via site visits, board meetings, menu testing, and planning meetings for definite and potential groups.
- Provide effective guidance and support to the GC&E Team, hiring of new Team Members, conducting performance appraisal, discipline and change of status if required. Assisting to manage and develop the GCE Sales Team to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and company.
- Overlook the department operations, customer conflict resolution, interaction with National Sales, generation of corporate and hotel level reports, business and marketing plan development and implementation, annual and monthly forecast and budget, training and development of event management team.
- Paticipate in Internal and external meetings e.g forecast, menu review, department, citywide pre -cons, operational department pre shifts etc. Participates in internal and external training and industry events; i.e., Customer Focused Events, Front Line Leadership, CPR, ACOM Institute etc. Participates in development and measurement of personal and team goals and action plans.
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow
A Assistant Director of Groups, Conference & Events for Conrad Dubai is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members.
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in the GC&E
- A minimum of 4 years’ in a managerial role
- The role requires an organized, clear thinker who is able to multitask across numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage and conclude projects, constructively challenging and inputting fresh ideas and concepts and driving implementation
- Aware of markets trends and competitors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical focus with strong quantitative & budget management skills
- Lead and develop high performance teams
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills and the ability to persuade others to consider a different point of view.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Experience with luxury hotel brands
- Operational experience in hotels/resorts or related service industry
- Entrepreneurial problem solver
What will it be like to work for Conrad Hotels & Resorts?
Conrad Hotels & Resorts combines contemporary design, sophisticated amenities and personalized service. Conrad’s guest service is instinctive, discreet and enhanced by innovation to provide exceptional travel experiences all over the world. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Work LocationsConrad Dubai
BrandConrad Hotels & Resorts
Job LevelHead of Department
Housing, Children’s Schooling, Transport, Additional benefits as per company policy
JobGuest Services, Operations, and Front Office