Hill International, with more than 3,000 professionals in 100 offices worldwide, provides program management, project management, construction management, and other consulting services to clients in a variety of market sectors. Hill has participated in over 10,000+ project assignments with a total construction value of more than $600 billion. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked Hill as the eighth-largest construction management firm in the United States. For more information on Hill, please visit our website at www.hillintl.com .
The Accountant shall be responsible for receiving, verifying, recording & processing payment for vendor invoices & employee expense reports and other general accounting responsibilities as required;
- Apply and maintain the monthly closeout checklist to meet closing deadlines.
- Maintain a proper filing system for accounting documents.
- Provide audit schedules and other documents necessary to complete the year-end audit.
- Monitor daily bank account transactions and balances.
- Review vendor invoices for appropriate documentation and approvals before payment.
- Process check and bank transfer requests.
- Respond to vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and rectify discrepancies.
- Process and post expense reports.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare fund transfer requests.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Familiarise himself with the relevant Quality, Environmental, Safety and Occupational Health Policies, Manuals and Procedures within Hill International, and ensure continued compliance with these requirements while employed by Hill.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager/supervisor.
- BSc Degree in commerce or accounting.
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in accounts payables.
- Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in team environments.