Hill International, with more than 3,000 professionals in 100 offices worldwide, provides program management, project management, construction management, and other consulting services to clients in a variety of market sectors. Hill has participated in over 10,000+ project assignments with a total construction value of more than $600 billion. Engineering News-Record magazine recently ranked Hill as the Sixth-largest construction management firm in the United States. For more information on Hill, please visit our website at www.hillintl.com .
- Review and approve the Planning Packages and submittals including establishing the Baseline Program with Contractor.
- Provide planning/program advice to Client’s management.
- Develop the engineering, procurement and construction sequence logic and regularly validate against procurement strategies.
- Approve the Contract / Baseline Program in conjunction with the Project Director, Construction Manager and Commercial Manager.
- Develop, monitor and update the delivery program as required.
- Review the Contract documents for each Construction Package and advise the Projects Director of any deficiency.
- Review Contractors proposed site organization and Planners’ CV’s and report to the Projects Director.
- Review and approve / comment on the Design schedules as submitted by the Consultant(s) and ensure the Design Schedule is in compliance with the overall project schedule.
- Review and approve / comment on the Construction schedules as submitted by the Contractor(s) and ensure the Construction Schedule is in compliance with the overall project schedule.
- Review and approve / comment on the procurement schedules as submitted by the Contractor and ensure the procurement schedules are in compliance and are coordinated with current construction schedules.
- Review program updates against the Baseline Program.
- Implement progress monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Review and continuously monitor, against approved schedules, the Contractor’s major construction progress and ensure equipment and manpower are adequate or in case of any shortage report to Projects Controls Manager.
- Review in detail the recovery schedules as submitted by the Contractors and ensure manpower and site supervision staffs are increased properly.
- Regular visits to projects sites to validate whether the progress of work on site is in compliance with approved schedules, whether major milestones have been met and report deficiencies to Projects Director.
- Review all daily, weekly and monthly reports as submitted by Contractor and report to Projects Director any deficiency or non-compliance.
- Review any claim involving time impact as submitted by the Contractor and report his assessment to Projects Director.
- Review field design changes and Trend Notices and assess time impact if any.
- Advise the Projects Director of any foreseen slippage of progress and corrective actions to be taken.
- Develop delay mitigation strategies.
- Advise the Project Director on the time impacts of instigating a change request;
- Attend weekly progress meeting and monthly Executive meetings and participate in preparing the agenda.
- Prepare Progress reports, Dashboards and Executive Presentations.
- Review the commissioning plans as submitted by the Contractor and ensure its compliance with the approved construction schedule.
- Participate with PM staff in reviewing the Close-Out Reports as submitted by Contractors.
- Familiarize himself with the relevant Quality, Environmental, Safety and Occupational Health Policies, Manuals and Procedures within Hill International, and ensure continued compliance with these requirements while employed by Hill.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the line manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Total of 10 years of working experience in a similar role.
- Extensive knowledge of leading or executing project controls elements is required.
- Extensive knowledge of Primavera P6 is required.
- Possessing a PMP-SP (Project Manager Professional – Scheduler Professional) Certificate or a similar certificate will also be valued.
- Ability to think ahead, identify new opportunities and create new and innovative approaches to work-related issues.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.