Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
MENA 50 Best Restaurants’ awardee Butcher & Still at Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi at Al Maryah Island is looking for a Sous Chef to join our talented culinary team!
About Butcher & Still
Inspired by 1920s’ Chicago-style steakhouses, Butcher & Still at the Four Seasons Hotel at Al Maryah Island is a must-visit.
Rich wooden floors, soft leather seating and warm lighting invite you to enjoy impeccable service, and to indulge in specially selected prime cuts of American beef as well as scrumptious seafood, salads, soups and burgers.
Cocktail connoisseurs will relish in the Prohibition-era cocktail selection. The menu also boasts signature dishes, namely the Tomahawk Chop (21-day aged bone-in ribeye steak), the 99% lump crab cake and the Tribune Tower with 34 layers of Valrhona chocolate to celebrate Chicago’s iconic 1920’s skyscraper.
About Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi
In a vibrant urban community right on the water, Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi at Al Maryah Island welcomes you with bright, open spaces, embracing expansive views of the city skyline and the sparkling waves of the Arabian Gulf. Four Seasons is located within a 34-storey glass tower, both high-tech and environmentally advanced. Blending urban chic and understated luxury, we offer 200 light-filled accommodations, including 38 suites – all with water views. With six creative restaurants and lounges, this is Al Maryah Island’s premier location for stylish entertaining. All venues open to outdoor waterfront terraces and most include private dining rooms. Relaxation awaits in the radiant The Pearl Spa Spa – with separate fitness and treatment facilities for men and women. Our rooftop swimming pool offers a cool social scene with skyline views. With two bright, airy ballrooms that open onto the water, Four Seasons is Abu Dhabi’s most desirable address for meetings, social events and weddings. Every moment is elevated by thoughtful Four Seasons finesse.
About The RoleThe Sous Chef holds a management position within the kitchen department, reporting to the Restaurant Chef and is responsible for supervising the day-to-day running of the Butcher & Still Kitchen in the Hotel.
The management of food costs and production control are important to reduce wastage in addition to the culinary training that the Sous Chef provides for all kitchen employees on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate will have a solid knowledge of food and is passionate to develop his/her management skills within the hotel industry, has creativity and flair and the ability to provide guidance to others, and is able to evidence good business acumen and a strong work ethic.
Applicants are required to have 4 to 6 years of operational kitchen experience with a diversity of culinary experience and a proven track record in fine dining. Supervisory and management experience is required and culinary qualifications are essential.
- Provide a friendly and professional service that always exceeds guest’s expectation.
- Assist the department to upkeep relevant notice boards.
- Prepare related paperwork for new hires.
- Requires knowledge and the ability to operate computer equipment including word processing and spreadsheet software plus other systems (i.e. Opera, Windows, Bayan payroll and analysis reports etc).
- Take responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of all areas of the department, guests and employees and to respond properly in any hotel emergency situation.
- To safeguard guests and employees with knowledge and application of health and safety, accident prevention, fire drills and first aid.
- To ensure you read the hotel’s employee handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities which, while outside the normal routine, will be within the overall scope of the position.
- Report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform/attire and name badge. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department personal appearance standards.
- Wear hair restraint/hat, gloves, apron, jacket and closed toed shoes at all time while on duty.
- Comply with local legislation as required.
- Maintain good working relationships with your colleagues and all other departments through working by The Golden Rule.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the needs of the industry, company or hotel.
- Be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by the Director of Food & Beverage or Restaurant Chef.
- Must be able to obtain any required food handling and/or sanitation certifications required by local or state agencies.
What We Offer
- Opportunities to build a successful career with global potential
- Unique, strong culture – diversity of 50 nationalities
- Employee Recognition program
- Paid annual home tickets
- Medical coverage
- Complimentary meal in employee restaurant
- Housing allowance
The Management Level For This Position Is
Operations – Department Head
The Location for this position is:
Abu Dhabi at Al Maryah Island
Want to know more about living and working in this destination? Check out the Living Abroad website.
The transferring employee will be responsible for obtaining or will currently hold proper work authorization for the country in which t