Role location: ON-SITE (customer premises) in Abu Dhabi
The SOAR Professional Services Consultant works with clients and partners onsite on engagements of medium-to-high complexity. He/she may be working in on multiple engagements, or be dedicated to one particular customer or project for a specific duration.
He/she focuses on SOAR deployments and integration projects. Experience in the security arena – such as SOAR/SIEM implementations, software development, security operation center, or security analyst groups – would be a strong advantage.
Development work – such as connectors/plug-ins or playbooks creation – is required as part of integration and customization activities. A good understanding of programming concepts and tools, and being proficient in Python scripting language is a must.
Besides the technical skills and experience mentioned above, the position requires a team player with very good written and verbal communication skills who follows a structured approach for scoping, designing, developing, validating, and implementing a solution.
Experience in cybersecurity product development or integration with other vendor solutions (e.g. Splunk ™ , Demisto ™ ,QRadar ™ ) would be a plus.
ResponsibilitiesThe Professional Services Consultant
- Develops a clear overall understanding of the customer engagement; namely the objectives, project scope, business, and technical requirements, as well as DevOps customization requirements.
- Participates in design or scoping meetings and provides input related to the development of statements of work based on accurate analysis of customers’ requirements.
- Drives and takes an active role in the various phases of a typical project delivery (e.g. design, development, testing and validation, implementation, and customization).
- Develops project-related documents (e.g. architecture document, operations guides)
- Assists customers through the rollout of the proposed solution.
- Performs knowledge transfer sessions for customers’ staff.
- Completes and submits internal required administrative tasks (e.g. timesheets, project reports).
- Continuously works on developing knowledge and skills to remain proficient with the relevant skills required for SOAR and DevOps activities (e.g. language, framework, standards), Fortinet security solutions, technologies, , products and services.
- Development skills and experience following industry-standard development methodologies.
- Experience in Customer-facing roles.
- Very good presentation and technical documentation skills.
- Ability to adapt seamlessly to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines. Flexible working hours.
- Positive customer service attitude with very good soft skills.
- Strong commitment and self-driven individual.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability and desire to learn new languages and technologies.
- Proficient in exploring, and integrating new technologies, programming languages, or frameworks.
- Working understanding of common network topologies and hardware such as firewalls, load balancers.
- Fundamental knowledge of HTTP, SQL, IP/TCP/UDP, SSL, DNS, and other common Internet protocols.
- Fundamental knowledge of security threats (e.g. phishing, MITM, SQL Injection, DoS, CVE).
- Hands-on experience in building, administering, and maintaining servers.
- Travel (up to 25%).
Programming and Scripting
- Strong experience in software programming and development, including scripting. Strongly recommended: Python, Java, PHP, Bash.
- Experience in API integration, HTTP protocol, mail systems (SMTP or Exchange), and Linux systems.
- Experience in industry-standard common continuous integration/automation tools and frameworks. E.g. Ansible, Terraform, YML, Jinja, GitLab, Jenkins, or Buddy.
- Development of projects related to network/infrastructure and automation (e.g. ZTP, mass roll-out).
- Experience with at least one major Cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure, GCP, Openstack).
The following experience would be desired or seen as a plus:
- Incident response, intrusion prevention experience as part of a SOC or security analyst team.
- Familiar with security elements such as IDS/IPS, EDR, SIEM or SOAR systems.
- Exposure to Fortinet products.
- Understanding of security and compliance requirements such as NIST or ISO2701/2702.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical or management discipline and/or equivalent extensive work-related experience.