Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) is a worldwide provider of network security appliances and the market leader in unified threat management (UTM). Our products and subscription services provide broad, integrated and high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT security infrastructure. Fortinet is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., with offices around the world. If you’re looking for a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding environment, then Fortinet is the place for you. We are an equal opportunity employer offering exciting work, competitive compensation and benefits. Fortinet is looking for the best and the brightest to join our highly motivated team.
Fortinet is currently looking for professional computer networking aspirants for its senior “Technical Support engineer 2” role to join our Dubai Office to provide exceptional customer service for our loyal customers. The ideal candidate is energetic and passionate about working for Fortinet and supporting our Customers, while developing good and respected relationships with both internal and external customers. This is a great opportunity to excel in an innovative, fast-paced environment while expanding your knowledge and developing your skills in network security.
Position Overview And Job Responsibilities.
- To provide technical support via the phone and web based systems for customers based in SAARC, ME and EMEA based regions.
- Thorough analysis and investigation of customers reported problem and provide turnkey solution through debugging, packet captures and traffic flow analysis which may also involve reproducing customers sophisticated network setup in the lab environment.
- Report and follow up with Engineering/Development to address and resolve product issues.
- Own and manage technical cases and recommend corrective actions based on troubleshooting and analysis.
- Running real-time phone or remote access sessions with customers.
- Develop core competency on Fortinet’s product line and technologies.
Skills And Attribute Requirements
- Network Security Expert (NSE7) or CCNA/CCNP certified.
- Good understanding of data networking protocols, specifically TCP/IP, routing and switching fundamentals.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills of various OSI layer protocols.
- Hands-on experience on IPsec, SSL, SD-WAN, Authentication, WAF, VoIP, Hardware redundancy and dynamic routing protocols.
- Working knowledge on Linux OS, virtualization technologies and Cloud Computing.
- Experience in Python or any similar language will be an added advantage.
- Exemplary skills in oral and written communication skills including the ability to speak clearly and persuasively, to listen carefully to ensure full understanding of the situation, and to respond well to questions when dealing with both positive and negative situations.
Educational And Experience Requirements
- 4 or more years of experience in the computer networking or security industry.
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Electronics/Computer Science/Software Engineering or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
About UsFortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) secures the largest enterprise, service provider, and government organizations around the world. Fortinet empowers its customers with intelligent, seamless protection across the expanding attack surface and the power to take on ever-increasing performance requirements of the borderless network – today and into the future. Only the Fortinet Security Fabric architecture can deliver security without compromise to address the most critical security challenges, whether in networked, application, cloud or mobile environments. Fortinet ranks number one in the most security appliances shipped worldwide and more than 500,000 customers trust Fortinet to protect their businesses.