Financial Advisory | Talent standards
Financial Advisory | Forensics – Data Analytics – Data Engineer – Senior Associate
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte & Touche ME. You’ll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
In an international firm like Deloitte, our strong global presence is complemented by our local reach and market knowledge. A career in Financial Advisory with Deloitte Professional Services Limited will equip you with a deep understanding of the local and regional business landscape, enabling you to identify opportunities and risks to our clients’ businesses. In addition, your breadth of vision will be engaged, as you match our global resources to our clients’ advantage. Our FA practice encompasses a broad range of specializations and services but whose common goal is to offer strategic services to clients throughout every phase of the economic cycle.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusion
- Collaborate for measurable impact
During your tenure as a Senior Associate in Financial Advisory Data Analytics, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Core Professional and Technical capabilities:
- Ability to work across environments and platforms to establish automated data flows needed to deliver on analytical projects or solutions.
- Use creativity and judgement to aid in proposing new solutions to client projects, particularly in the area of data-engineering.
- Manages own work against project plan to ensure a superior client experience.
- Complies with quality standards, risk rules, and confidentiality guidelines to deliver results.
- Make use of analytical thinking and problem solving to address client issues.
Specialized Technical capabilities:
- Strong work ethic and a drive to meet deadlines by producing quality deliverables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English (Arabic and any other languages are beneficial).
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Flexibility on working hours and a willingness to work on projects abroad.
- Strong database manipulation and programming skills (SQL Server, SAS or similar).
- A firm understanding of data types.
- Knowledge of typical data engineering related tools and methods including ETL processes.
- Experience with cloud solutions is desirable.
- Data visualization skills is beneficial but not critical (Qlikview, Tableau, MS PowerBI).
- Advanced analytics capability is beneficial (R, Python, Machine Learning).
- Application development skills beneficial (VB, C#, Java, ASP.Net).
- Strong problem solving and conceptual thinking capabilities.
- An understanding of any of the following domains is beneficial: financial crime and forensic, transaction services, or location/geospatial intelligence services.
- Ability to use systematic verifiable approaches to analytical problems or to quickly discover and adapt new frameworks to solve novel business problems.
- Continuously innovates and explores new ways to help clients explore their growing data needs or manage their in-house capabilities.
- Stays abreast of new technologies, including cutting edge areas such as block-chain, the meta-verse, non SQL databases.
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- Strong degree in a field with emphasis on technical, analytical and/or problem solving skills.
- 4+ years of experience in a data engineering, or a related area, ideally with experience in a Big Four Professional Services firm.
- Technical certification is desirable.
- Fraud, Financial Crime or Accounting certification is beneficial.
- Advanced level of technical proficiency and computer literacy.
- Proficiency in working with MS office suite (Power Point, Word, Excel etc.).
- Willingness to explore further qualifications, or to develop in new professional areas.
- Strong Interpersonal & Communication skills.
- Tenacity and an enquiring mind.
- Strong business writing skills.
- Motivated, dedicated, dynamic & hard worker.
- Demonstrates comprehensive data understanding.