Office of the General Counsel | Legal – Manager
When you work for us, you commit to a career at one of the largest and most prestigious professional services firms in the world. Looking for a rewarding career? Take a closer look at Deloitte Middle East. You’ll understand that Deloitte is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has received numerous awards in the last few years which include Best Employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, and the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
In addition to our opportunities in audit & assurance, tax, consulting, risk advisory and financial advisory, we offer a variety of careers in Internal Client Services (ICS) considered essential to the growth of our organization. Whether in Brand & Communications, Human Resources, or Finance, a career in ICS with Deloitte will give you the opportunity to join an organization undergoing rapid expansion in a region of fast-paced growth. Your role will not just put your passion for creative solutions to the test, it will provide you with an environment to grow and build a career based on excellence.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusion
- Collaborate for measurable impact
During your tenure as a Manager in the Office of the General Council you will report directly to the Firm’s General Counsel. You will work with different internal functions of the Firm and you will demonstrate your capabilities in the following areas:
- Legal Documents Review & Negotiation Drafting, reviewing, analyzing, and negotiating different types of legal documents (such as contracts, memoranda, non-disclosure agreements, governing documents of legal entities)
- Conducting legal research on diversity of matters that relate to the Firm’s interests and business
- Performing pre-litigation work to minimize risk exposure on the firm (such as drafting correspondence and warning letters) as well as monitoring and drafting status reports on litigation matters
- Generally, identifying and assessing legal risks that need to be brought to the General Counsel’s attention as well as recommending and implementing mitigation measures for such risks
- Internal Legal Support Providing legal support to different internal functions of the Firm (Human Resources, Finance, Industry leaders and teams) as may be required
- Preparing and assisting in training sessions to internal functions on relevant legal matters of interest to such functions
- Preparing summaries on relevant legal articles and provisions with constant monitoring of new developments in the legal framework across jurisdictions
- Acting as a liaison on different internal initiatives conducted by or involving the intervention of the OGC and as may be required
- Working with the General Counsel on developing and enhancing policies and guidelines to ensure compliance with laws and regulations across multiple Middle East jurisdictions
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business
- Ideally possessing a minimum of 7 to 8 years’ experience as a legal practitioner in an international law firm or in a corporate legal department with presence in multiple jurisdictions. Knowledge and experience in the litigation field is an added value but not mandatory. The successful candidate will be expected to manage multiple projects simultaneously and within strict deadlines. Some periodic travel to other Middle East countries may be required.
- Applicants should be bilingual (Arabic and English) with a good command of the English language (both written and spoken), and possess at a minimum the following skills and attributes: Bachelor’s degree in law, master’s degree is a plus
- Qualified/Admitted Attorney
- Very strong organizational skills
- Very strong communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills with impeccable attention to details and ability to manage Ad-Hoc requests
- Solid knowledge of MS Office tools as well as other platforms and tools