Job Id: 22508125
Corporate Solutions Group Sales MENA
- CSG is a multiproduct mandate that seeks to originate corporate finance and risk management transactions from Corporate and Public Sector clients. It aims to develop a “corporate finance” coverage with a Markets and Structured Finance toolkit.
- The team is responsible for originating and identifying client needs related to – among others – exposure management, structured financing, asset-liability mismatches, yield enhancement, subsidiary financing etc.
- The team is geographically disperse and based in several countries across the region (Czech Republic, Dubai, Israel, Poland, South Africa, Turkey) and is managed out of the Hub in London which is also the base for some in the coverage team.
- In CSG Sales, you will need to:
- Initiate, develop, drive and manage a coordinated strategy for your clients,
- Actively engage with clients in the origination and execution of transactions,
- Engage in origination and sales activities with a tight focus on controls.
- Ensure that client communication and transactions adhere strictly to Citi’s policies
- Work with key partners and stake holders such as other Markets Products teams (i.e. Rates Structuring, RMS, Global Spread Products, Strategic Equity Solutions, Commodities), XPS and Regional CSS teams, as well as with BCMA to deliver the full suite of Citi solutions capabilities to our clients.
Key Responsibilities:The role entails responsibility for originating, proposing and delivering solutions to our client base across multiple asset classes.
- The successful candidate will jointly report to the MENA head of CSS and CEEMEA Head of CSG
- Seamlessly integrate with the existing MENA CSG team based in Dubai to jointly formulate the coverage model for the region and develop trusted advisor relationships with our client base
- Mentor and guide junior members across the CEEMEA CSG team
- Build partnerships with Banking and other product groups to effectively leverage on our global organization to cross sell Corporate Solutions.
- Ensure that the team is up to date on latest product developments across asset classes and facilitate success transfers within the region and from other regions for CEEMEA clients and vice-versa.
- Work closely with Banking, not only to leverage relationships but also ensure Solutions is integral to ongoing client dialogues and to create a direct “trusted advisor” relationship with our Corporate and Sovereign clients across the region.
- Work with risk, legal, and other relevant partners to ensure transactions are structured robustly and relevant risks are identified and covered.
- Develop new products and solutions to meet clients’ needs
- Work with NPAC partners for relevant transactions,
- Build a culture of responsible ethics and finance
Experience, skills and capabilities:
- In depth understanding of Markets Products across asset classes.
- Track record in identifying latent client needs and working with partners to deliver appropriate solutions.
- Strong client facing skills especially in the ability to engage in strategic dialogues at senior levels.
- Team work and partnership. Ability to work with partners and influencing skills.
- Strong technical knowledge across products
- Ability to respond quickly to environment and position business according to emerging trends.
- Strategic thinker with ability to translate vision into executable plans
- Strong Leadership skills
- Intellectual capability and experience to bring together a broad range of Markets products to structure solutions
- Ability to judge and balance risk and rewards in transactions. Ability to look at risk holistically and not only on measures such as Credit / Market Risk.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to influence and create alignment at senior levels across multiple products, clients, and competing priorities
- High motivation, energy, tenacity and longevity to drive the business and growth forward
- B.Com or B.Sc in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Sciences
- MBA/Master’s degree or equivalent an advantage
- Fluent Arabic speaker is preferrable
Candidates applying for this role must be aware that it is a Certified Role, subject to the Certification Regime. The Certification Regime is one element of the Individual Accountability Regime which has come into effect on 7 March 2016. Under the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must ensure that employees working in certain roles categorized as specified significant harm functions (Certified Roles) are assessed as fit and proper to carry out their role.
Under the guidance provided by the FCA and PRA, firms should have regard to the following when assessing fitness and propriety:
- Honesty, integrity and reputation
- Financial soundness
- Competence and capability
In order to comply with the requirements of the Certification Regime, certain Citi entities must take reasonable care to ensure that an employee does not perform a Certified Role without first being certified as Fit and Proper. For this reason, you will be assessed for this role against the Fit and Proper requirements, as described above. This assessment will be carried out through extensive interviews, self-disclosures, permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and other background checks. If hired for this role, you will also be required to complete an annual declaration regarding your Fitness and Propriety.
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read the information above and that you are applying for a Certified Role. You also agree to Citi carrying out any additional screening required, including permitted criminal record checks, reference checks, credit checks and any other background checks.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting