Job Id: 22515920
ICG Risk Analysis (IRAUs) is an integral part of the Institutional Credit Management (“ICM”) organization. The IRAU’s mandate is to deliver best-in-class credit risk analysis, monitoring and credit administration as a partner to ICG Risk and Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory’s (BCMA) shared commitment to ensuring the safety and soundness of wholesale lending across ICG.
ICG Risk Analysis Credit Risk Analysts are responsible for a portfolio of ICG Risk Relationships, owning the Credit Risk Analysis for those relationships, and being responsible for the continuous monitoring of that portfolio. That includes the production of Annual Reviews, Quarterly Reviews, and the support to Ad-Hoc Transactions and Portfolio & Industry Reviews and Stress Testing.
This role has responsibility for the portfolio of specific industry relationships and the role reports directly to the ICG Risk Analysis (IRAU) Credit Risk Team Lead of the respective industry.
- Assess the credit and financial strength of Citi’s counterparts by performing fundamental credit analysis of counterparties using both quantitative and qualitative factors
- Complete Credit Analysis Write-up Memos and Final Obligor Risk Ratings of Citi’s Counterparties based on independent assessment and judgement completed on the due diligence of the client and industry knowledge to provide appropriate extensions of credit remaining within Risk appetite
- Continuous monitoring of the covered portfolio, including following industry trends, impacts to key relationships, and escalation of potential credit issues to IRAU Team Leads, ICG Risk and BCMA partners
- Partnership with applicable regional and industry stakeholders in BCMA and Independent Risk in the implementation of credit assessment and monitoring standards for applicable portfolios
- Support ICG Risk Analysis Voice of the Employee (VOE) initiatives
- Travel (less than 10%)
- Fundamental analytical skills, including an understanding of key financial components (liquidity position, leverage profile) with the ability to identify root causes and trends and anticipate horizon issues
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of financial statements and GAAP accounting or similar governance relating to country of operation
- Displays basic industry research capabilities, including risk and key drivers
- Basic understanding of Credit Policy and procedures; proactively refers to resources as needed
- Demonstrates ability to identify potential risk issues that need escalation and escalates them promptly
- Assists colleagues in identifying stretch opportunities to elevate individual and team performance
- Proven culture carrier
- Interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and exert influence with and without direct authority
- Organizational skills with ability and willingness to work under pressure and manages time and priorities effectively
- Written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely to audiences of varying levels of seniority
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) skills
- BA/BSc or higher degree in Business (MBA), or any other related subject
Job Family Group:
Credit & Portfolio Risk Management
Time Type:Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting