Due to continued success and growth of our talented Application Development team, we are now looking to add a talented and experienced Java Developer to join the business and participate in global projects.
You will play a leading role in extending the existing toolset, processes and framework used by the Application Development Team.
Main duties/responsibilities include
- Developing Java applications and services using Cigna standards
- Participating in code reviews, including applications security review
- Accountable for delivering quality code and test automation as per Cigna standards
- Utilizing design methodologies, object-oriented design and design patterns
- Working with other teams throughout the company to determine feasibility, business and functional requirements, and technical designs on assigned projects
- Producing detailed technical designs / documentation
- Providing ongoing support, maintenance and enhancement of systems
- Producing implementation plans and working with Ops Support team on production releases
- Undertaking L3 production support to troubleshoot and resolve production issues
- Providing support and guidance to other members of the team
- Interfacing in a professional manner with internal and external users, at all levels
- Using own initiative to continually identify areas of service improvement
Skills And Experience
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience
- Java 8+
- Spring Core Framework, Spring Data/JPA
- Unit Testing, Test Automation
- Maven or Gradle
- Hibernate, MSSQL
- Design and develop REST Web APIs/services
- Experience with source code management systems (GIT)
Should Have Requirements
- Spring Boot, Spring Security
- Consuming SOAP web services
- Swagger, Postman, SoapUI
- Spring MVC
- OWASP/Web App Security
- T-SQL, SQL Stored Procedures
- Experience with Agile software development lifecycle
- Experience with Linux Bash and JBoss web application server (JBoss JWS, JBoss EAP)
- Experience with CI/CD and DevOps
Nice To Have Requirements
- Experience developing microservices, service mesh, Istio or equivalent
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Boards, Repos, Pipelines and Deployments
- Docker, AWS, CloudFormation
- Legacy front-end frameworks such as Struts, Tapestry, Webflow, Tiles, ExtJS
- Experience with security products Veracode and OWASP ZAP
- Experience using SonarQube, Confluence
- Ability to determine unique and creative solutions to problems within a rapid development environment
Why Should you join Cigna?
You will get the chance to work with a global, truly innovative and flexible Technology division that is growing rapidly due to continued success and massive transformation.
We are constantly investing in, improving and innovating our global technology stack. Right now we are investing in Cloud, AI & ML as well as working heavily with Agile and DevOps methodologies.
You will join a business that truly invests in you as a person. You will be offered the opportunity to progress your knowledge and skills through both internal and external training, take secondment to other teams / projects and much more.
FLEXIBILITY – We are a truly flexible business. We offer remote / home working as well as flexible start / finish times. We pride ourselves on being able to offer a true work / life balance for all of our employees.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: [email protected] for support. Do not email [email protected] for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.