Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Do you want to define robust security architectures for enterprise customers and partners across Europe to address their risk management requirements using cloud computing?
Do you have the skills and experience to advise complex customers, whose goal is to achieve the highest levels of security across their workloads and meet demanding compliance accreditation standards?
Do you want to lead with the very latest in cloud security technology and apply them to some of the most interesting computing workloads in the world?
At AWS, we’re hiring a passionate and deeply technical security professional to work with our customers and partners on highly-visible strategic engagements, across the Middle East and Africa.
Our Security Specialist Solutions Architect Team lead the way for our customers, working at the highest levels to deliver secure and compliant solutions to help them accelerate their move to mission. As a security specialist, you will drive cloud adoption through influence, innovation, and education of our customers and partners.
This role addresses all aspects of information security management as well as business and regulatory compliance, using cloud web services in large scale computing environments.
Key job responsibilities
- Evangelism – Provide thought leadership to the Public Sector around cloud computing, making the case that workloads are more secure in the cloud.
- Expertise – Collaborate with the AWS Field, Training, and Support teams, acting as trusted advisor and enabler to customers and partners when deploying secure architectural solutions.
- Innovation – Assess broad trends, proposing simple solutions that address evolving customer needs.
- Content Creation – Create reusable assets that remove friction and decrease time to value for customers.
- Education – Collaborate with AWS field sales, engineering, training, and support teams to help customers and partners learn and leverage AWS services in support of their mission.
- Insights – Work with AWS engineering, support, and business teams influencing AWS Technology roadmaps through partner and customer feedback.
A day in the life
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
About The Team
Our Security Specialist Solution Architects sit in the World Wide Public Sector Security team, in EMEA. We are a group of security and compliance experts; including senior security & compliance strategic and c-level advisors, and security specialist architects. We enable our customers use of AWS and raise the bar on their overall security posture.
The team is located across EMEA with specialists in Security, Compliance & Privacy in each part of the geography, and working directly with the customer and AWS field teams.
We know that success demands excellence in security and privacy. We champion the digital sovereignty, security, and privacy needs of customers; we make it a part of every conversation. We work with AWS’ Government, public sector, defense, national security agencies, healthcare and educational customers and partners across EMEA to evangelise, advise and help implement AWS’ Security, Compliance services and deal with regulatory topics in the Cloud.
We help them adopt the latest cloud technologies, advise them on cybersecurity strategies, threats and risks and mitigations in both on-premises and cloud-based environments; allowing them to change the way they deliver services to their citizens. We make a difference to the societies we live in.
- Experience working with and communicating to business leaders, CxO and executives, in a way that helps them lead their organisations Cloud aspirations from the top down.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Experience building enterprise security strategy for cloud adoption
- Experience advising enterprise customers on security and compliance
- Proven experience building security reference architectures for all-in cloud deployments and hybrid scenarios
- Working knowledge of operational security implementation and management
- Working knowledge of cloud computing technologies and workload transition challenges
- Good verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
- Business proficient local language and English skills
- 20 to 40% of travel expected.
- We are open to flexible working conversations based on your need and the role requirements.
- This role is open to the following locations : UK, Luxembourg, Spain, Germany, France, Switzerland, Netherlands.
The following qualifications are desired but not required:
- Fluency in Arabic (oral and written)
- BS level degree in computer science, business, mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Experience of or authorship of public standards (e.g., NIST SP 800 Series, RFCs)
- Hands-on technical expertise in Security Architecture, automation, integration, and deployment (DevOps)
- Applicable industry certification (e.g., CISSP, CISM, GSEC, CEH)
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (Python, Ruby on Rails, etc), integrating 3rd party monitoring tools, and information security product
Company – Amazon Web Services MENA FZ
Job ID: A1903333