Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Can you help our Telco customers and partners modernize their OSS/BSS systems and IT Stacks? Can you see yourself building out the infrastructure for cloud based 5G Telco networks? Are you an experienced cloud engineer / architect who can assist and lead our customers in architecting their cloud infrastructure to meet the needs of their cloud migration strategy? Do you like to work on-site, leading teams working high impact projects that will build highly scalable, redundant, resilient and secure cloud infrastructure paving the way for cutting edge application development and cloud technology adoption?
AWS is looking for highly talented hands on technical consulting architects who can lead complex projects to help our customers accelerate their journey to the cloud. This is an excellent opportunity to join AWS’ world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about delivering business outcomes for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
We are looking for hands on cloud infrastructure architects who are passionate about:
- Influencing architectural strategy by sharing your infrastructure expertise
- Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams
- Helping our customers’ application and IT architects build scalable, highly available cloud infrastructure that enables both application migration and new solutions that leverage AWS services
- Leading infrastructure automation projects where you must consider the compute, storage and security needs of the applications to be migrated
- Leveraging new technology paradigms (e.g. serverless, containers, microservices)
- Preparing the way for the migration of monolithic applications to microservices architectures
- Advising on and implementing AWS best practices
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
- Working Agile (Scrum, Kanban or SAFe), defining, estimating and delivering stories
Our Consultants work with Telco customers locally, regionally and internationally. As such, Architects must have the ability to travel to client locations to sell and deliver professional services as needed.
A day in the life
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, it’s in our nature to learn and be curious. Our employee-led affinity groups foster a culture of inclusion that empower us to be proud of our differences. Ongoing events and learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences, inspire us to never stop embracing our uniqueness.
We value work-life harmony. Achieving success at work should never come at the expense of sacrifices at home, which is why flexible work hours and arrangements are part of our culture. When we feel supported in the workplace and at home, there’s nothing we can’t achieve in the cloud.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We’re continuously raising our performance bar as we strive to become Earth’s Best Employer. That’s why you’ll find endless knowledge-sharing, mentorship and other career-advancing resources here to help you develop into a better-rounded professional.
- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Maths background preferred
- Cloud application design and deployment experience
- Familiar with industry frameworks such as TMF, ITIL, and CoBIT
- Experience working with customers face to face, leading and driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
- Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to lead effectively across organizations
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about leveraging the best business outcomes from any given Customer engagement
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, etc.)
- Masters degree in Computer Science
- Architecting infrastructure for Container based and serverless technologies
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
- Experience architecting cloud infrastructure using AWS services such as EC2, S3, ECS, EKS, Lambda, Amazon API Gateway and OpsWorks
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. GIT, Maven, Jenkins)
- Hands on familiarity with CloudFormation or industry equivalent
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible)
- Strong scripting skills (e.g. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl)
- Strong practical infrastructure experience on Linux and Windows based systems
Company – Amazon Web Services MENA FZ
Job ID: A2157599