Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Are you a telecom leader (Distinguished Technologist, Pre-Sales Leader, Business Development Executive or equivalent) who has led successful end to end Telecom initiatives with Tier 1 operators? Are you looking for an exciting and fast-paced career working with both business and technology executives to leverage the cloud to accelerate the benefits from 5G?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. The AWS Telecom Business Development team is looking for an experienced leader to drive telco cloud and network transformation Go-To-Market initiatives across RAN, Core and Orchestration for our telecom customers in MEA.
Key job responsibilities
This is a senior role to guide customers in their telco cloud and network transformation journey. You will help our telecom customers accelerate this journey by engaging with the customers’ business and technology stakeholders to create a compelling vision of their network transformation helping them learn from examples of industry leaders, reference architectures and define what “great” looks like..
- You will strive to create alignment among customer stakeholders, address resistance to change and provide a tangible, executable vision to transition to a cloud computing model. You will operate effectively at multiple levels of the organization and can address concerns across C-suite executives, network leaders, and cloud platform teams.
- The ideal candidate will possess a telecommunications wireless network and business background (and preferably cloud background too), with a foundation of having directly led sales / pre-sales / consulting engagements and interactions at the highest levels of large telecom operators and technology partners.
- The candidate should have proven expertise at thought leadership, conceptualizing customer-centric solutions, convincing C-Level executives, line of business leaders and network architects, and having seen through successful sales to delivery cycles.
- The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy network environments, NFV architecture and cloud native architecture.
A day in the life
- Maintain C-level relationships with clients, stakeholders, boardrooms, and peers becoming the “trusted advisor”.
- Lead the AWS response to Network cloud transformation opportunities and scale partner solutions across multiple countries and operators.
- Guide customers through a cloud native network transformation journey, and formulate an effective strategy to winning Network Workloads on AWS.
- Work with telecom technology, business, and finance teams to create ROI and cash flow analyses required to justify building on AWS.
- Build, support, and scale a strategic eco-system of AWS consulting, integration and delivery and ISV partners.
- Lead and work with cross-functional teams to evaluate, provide insight, and drive strategic outcomes that have the greatest impact customers.
About The TeamOur Geo Telco Business Development team works with our customers together with cross-functional teams based on AWS Telco industry strategic pillars to guide them through the transformational journey. We, at Amazon, are proud to be customer obsessed which means we always work backwards from customer understanding their business strategy and challenges to guide them through the challenging but exciting transformational journeys on a long term commitment to our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in client related interactions, including executive presentations, relationship management, deal structuring and commercials negotiation, including working with partners in a consortium framework
- 10+ years of progressive, relevant experience in a senior sales or business development role leading large complex transformative products for telco markets
- 10+ years of related experience in Radio Access Networks, or Core Networks
- 3+ years experience in NFV and cloud native principles
- Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or MBA
- Experience creating and executing organizational change management strategies as part of a larger transformation
- Experience with a cloud platform
- Experience in evaluating on-premise vs cloud computing models
- AWS or another Cloud certifications
Company – Amazon Web Services MENA FZ
Job ID: A2154865