At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies – building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the “extra mile” to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.
The RoleProvide technical vision and leadership for a team of software developers and performance engineers who create new features aligned with AMD’s server platform roadmap to deliver industry-leading performance for AI workloads. Implement new algorithms, enable hardware engines to accelerate Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark based workloads for AMD’s EPYC platforms. Influence AMD’s Silicon design teams on new instructions (ISA extensions) and hardware support for the AI domain on EPYC server platforms. Work with the open-source communities to develop new features and with leading ISVs to distribute these new features. Partner with OEMs, ISVs and customers to deploy these new features on large on-premise and cloud-based deployments.
Are you passionate about open-source software and developing new, leading-edge features in large, distributed frameworks? Are you a committer/maintainer for open-source frameworks such as Apache Hadoop/Spark projects? Do you relish working on the ‘big-picture’ view of the hardware-software systems interface? Are you a deep technical expert in machine-learning/deep-learning with experience in model development and tuning? Do you enjoy working with customers to right-size, troubleshoot and fine-tune their deployments for maximum performance? Do you have strong communication skills to write technical documents for others to use and refer to? Then, we want to talk to you!
- Understand current and planned features in AMD’s server hardware roadmap for CPU, GPU and accelerators
- Influence new HW features to support requirements of AI workloads
- Develop software features and extensions aligned with these features for CPU cores, higher memory footprint and IO subsystems
- Evangelize new features for distributed systems aligned with the AMD EPYC platform and industry-standard technology
- Work within the open-source community to upstream these changes
- Enhance SW frameworks to offload common functions to accelerators e.g., FPGAs, GPUs
- Publish methodologies used and results obtained via tuning guides, white-papers, and technical presentations at conferences
- 10 + Years of Relevant Experience
- Deep understanding of x86 architecture
- Understanding of ML frameworks
- Understanding of x86 instruction set and optimizations for ML
- Expert knowledge of one or more projects in the Apache Hadoop/Spark ecosystems e.g., HDFS, MapReduce, YARN or Spark core
- Strong work experience with distributed systems and environments
- Performance analysis tools for Linux/Windows (bare-metal or virtualized environments)
- Familiarity with typical customer deployments of big-data frameworks such as Apache or Cloudera
- 4-year engineering degree (CS/EE) preferred
Requisition Number: 167266
Country/Region/Location: United Arab Emirates State/Province: Dubai City: Dubai
Job Function: [[jobSubFunction]]