Amazon is looking for a Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Officer to add to the team:
Year-on-year, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can, to keep all our team members safe, fulfilled, motivated and empowered. To help us achieve this, we’re seeking a driven WHS Officer. With your Bias for Action, we’ll need you to step in and help drive health and safety across our delivery stations in Abu Dhabi / Dubai.
In this crucial WHS position, you’ll report to the Country WHS Manager.
- Lead site risk assessments for current and new activities.
- Establish site WHS training matrix.
- Lead implementation of site specific WHS standards and guidelines.
- Lead implementation of site WHS objective and programs.
- Promote safe culture among employees by providing daily WHS content to shift briefing/standup meeting.
- Perform frequent site safety audits to identify all non-compliance equipment and/or processes at the site. Work with Operations team to implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury.
- Conduct daily and weekly WHS audits, such as GEMBA walks, area audits, vehicle and driver inspections etc.
- Attending to incidents and occupational injury cases on site.
- Guide and assist area managers on incident investigations, Gensuite write up and communication of lesson learned.
- Assisting Ops team in Gensuite follow up sheet and CAPA creation. Audit record-keeping practices and ensure Gensuite entries to be aligned with global WHS standards and local regulations.
- Ensure the PPE inventory at site and coordinate with procurement for order placement.
- Ensure basic fire fighting training and first aid training completion.
- Complete daily Trailer Dock Release (TDR) inspections and communications.
- Daily Action Tracking System monitoring, closeout and support.
- Participate in site management safety walk, provide insight into unsafe acts and conditions to management.
- Provide daily update to Country WHS Manager on objectives progress, incidents, AO’s, ATS, network actions, etc).
- Preparation of WHS committee meeting agenda, MOM write up, ATS creation.
- Daily Permit to Work review and sign off, working with the operational and facilities team.
- Lead on WHS related procurement and follow up on site.
- Preparing risk assessments and emergency response plans.
- Managing preparation and completion of emergency drills, medi-evac drills and preparing drill records.
- Heat Index establishment, monitoring and support.
- Provide support to site specific requests, unplanned events and activities.
- On the Road experience
- Excellent with computers and data analysis
- NEBOSH Diploma
- Experience in WHS field.
- Good communication skills – English
- Valid UAE driving license and own transport
- Works well within a team environment
- Is driven and pushes for self development and growth
- Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment and customer focus skills
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
- Experience working within a team
- Ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses
- Experienced in emergency response and currently holds First aid and CPR certificates
- Analyzing and manipulating data
- Passion for safety
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety or Engineering/Science bachelor degree
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process. If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Company – Q-Express Documents Transport
Job ID: A2172093