Amazon Product Imaging builds the world’s best online shopping experience through photography, video, graphic design, and usability design enabling millions of customers to make more informed purchasing decisions. Imaging at Amazon is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Middle East focusing on fashion and product photography, photo retouching, graphic design, video and CGI production, automated image acquisition, and image support services. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating on behalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
Amazon is looking for an experienced Operations Specialist to lead studio operations initiatives for multiple Studios in MENA region. As an Operations Specialist, you will oversee the workflow, inventory, accounting compliance and loss prevention of product. You set daily production goals and ensure resources are in place to meet targets, coordinating directly with Studio, Business partners, FC/facility and logistics teams to ensure seamless planning for product requiring imaging. You will work closely with Studio leadership and account managers to unblock catalog enhancement volumes, track progress and create relevant reports.
You will forecast future volumes and make plans to ensure capacity meets demand, creating contingency plans and reacting quickly to changing priorities.
You will ensure standard operating procedures are followed, identify inefficiencies in workflow and drive a culture of continuous improvement. You collaborate and share best practices with your peers worldwide, delivering innovative operating procedures that can scale at high volumes.
The role collaborates with ACES and Finance on Free Cash Flow initiatives (negotiation, rebate programs, etc.) and to establish mechanisms for measuring and reporting it. The role requires influencing Supply Chain to develop a cost effective, time efficient and scalable solution to transship to photo studio in order to meet 10 days SLA and develop audit mechanisms to evolve the same. In addition, they also lead financial planning and reporting: Opex planning (OP), finance simulation & MFR reviews for 3 studios in the MENA region.
Key job responsibilities
- Support annual and quarterly planning cycles for volume, productivity and goals, track them through continuous inspection and reiterations, working through obstacles and gaining support from various stakeholders along the way.
- Planning and overseeing the flow of product and virtual assets through all stages of the studio workflow
- Using systems/data to track and plan for volume and flow of product that requires imaging
- Contributing Kaizen expertise and driving a culture of continuous improvement within studio and/or region
- Collecting and analyzing data and testing solutions for process improvements and new initiatives
- Regularly reporting key productivity and quality metrics to stakeholders
- Creating training and process documentation
- Driving Initiatives across multiple Studios with relevant reports and documents
About The Team
Amazon Imaging is a large and fast-growing network of teams located throughout North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia focusing on fashion and product imaging, photo retouching, graphic design, video and CGI production, automated image acquisition, and imaging support services. We are continually innovating and setting new industry standards for showcasing 10s of millions of products across multiple global marketplaces. We are obsessed with innovating on behalf of our customers, and continually push beyond the boundaries of traditional e-commerce photography and videography.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- 5+ years experience in a high volume, high production operations environment
- Experience identifying and implementing process improvements, preferably with LEAN or Six Sigma methodology
- 1+ years’ experience driving multi-organizational projects, from initial concept to final deliverable managing various stakeholders
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, SQL and Access
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Previous experience working in a high volume commercial studio, or fulfillment center in an operational management capacity
- Experience successfully leading teams/functions through change
- Proficiency using multiple platforms and software to create/measure productivity and other operational metrics
- Project management skills
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
- Ability to influence and build successful working relationships with a diverse set of partners
- Strong proficiency in analysis tools including SQL or any other relevant software
Company – Amazon Middle East and NA FZ
Job ID: A2075387