Job Requisition ID: 141982
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview Of The RoleThe Mechanical Engineer is responsible for a team of Supervisors. The Mechanical Engineer typically operates on one or multiple projects and is responsible for all mechanical activities (internal and external) on the project. In this capacity, he is responsible for the Execution of mechanical activities at site in line with the Projects goals.
What You Will Do
Key Accountability 1: Project Management
- Liaise with all stake holders (Main Contractors, Consultants, Client and internal departments) to ensure project deliverables are catered during the engineering, execution and close out of the project.
- Coordinating with Junior Engineers and Supervisors in quantifying total material and labour requirements for the project, ensuring timely order of materials, planning / arranging of labour / sub-contractors.
- Coordinating with Junior Engineers, and Supervisors in monitoring daily productivity, comparing with planned, taking corrective actions for loss of productivity.
- Manage installation and construction work from time to time and ensure efficient standards of workmanship are maintained.
- Maximise the efficient use of plant and equipment from within the organization.
- Liaise with local authorities as required.
Key Accountability 2: Cost Management
- Coordinating with QS to ensure that all variation works are captured, delays notified so that effective claims are made to increase budgeted project margins
- Check for the options to propose good value engineering solutions on the designs which could mutually benefit all stakeholders, including a potential improvement to the budgeted profit margins
Key Accountability 3: ENGINEERING
- Coordinating with engineers and drafting team for the submission / approval of shop drawings, tracking progress by shop drawing register.
- Coordinating with engineers and procurement department for vendor finalization / material submission and approvals of suppliers / vendors / equipment, tracking progress by material submission / procurement register.
- Seek resolution on complex technical problems as required to
- Ensure satisfactory completion of design and construction.
- Coordination with Electrical / other trades for verification of actual equipment loads with IFC’s, notifying changes.
- Liaising with authorities for approvals and having up-to-date knowledge on the current regulations and standards.
Key Accountability 4: Quality / Standards
- Apply internal engineering and construction standards, operating procedures, specifications and templates so that project delivery, engineering and construction are conducted in a consistent manner.
- Maintaining Lessons learnt register, exchange technical information and learnings within the organization to maintain awareness of internal projects, developments and trend.
- Develop Method Statements for each activity in line with Project Specifications.
- Project Closeout Documentations
Key Accountability 5: Health, Safety & Environment
- Ensuring that all company and sub contract personnel are complying with AFE HSE Policy.
- Reporting all personal injuries and incidents and assisting with investigations.
- Actively supporting and participate in safety and environmental initiatives.
- Ensuring JSAs are completed as required.
Required Skills To Be Successful
- Possess sound knowledge in Mechanical engineering design, regulations.
- Possess knowledge in project planning, project management, cost management.
- Possess knowledge of project development and/or project management software (i.e. AutoCAD / Revit, MS Project / Primavera).
What Equips You For The Role
Minimum Qualifications , Certification and Knowledge:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- ADCD Certified.
- 5-7 years of experience in MEP Contracting Companies, at least 3 years in UAE
About Al-Futtaim Engineering & TechnologiesAl-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies offers customers complete engineering and systems integration solutions.
The Engineering arm operates in the UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Egypt providing a wide variety of products and services from air conditioning, scaffolding and access solutions, elevators and escalators, control and life safety, facilities management, building products, MEP, Energy Management, Technology Infrastructure and Digital Transformation.
The Technologies division provides complete business solutions to large, medium and small customers that include, contact centre solutions, business applications, business intelligence, data management, advanced analytics amongst others. The IT infrastructure portfolio comprises IP telephony, ELV systems, networking solutions, professional audio-visual solutions and managed services.
These solutions are further complemented by services that include project management, installation, testing, commissioning and after-sales maintenance contracts.