Job Requisition ID: 139766
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview Of The RoleDeputy Managers assist the Store Manager (SM). They take over when the SM is not available and share in their responsibilities. They help to motivate staff, handle administrative duties, and perform human resource tasks, such as recruiting and assessing staff performance. They will also perform many of the following tasks: Implementing business procedures; Controlling cost or expenditure; Maintain quality standards; Training employees; Budgeting; Preparing reports; Attending meetings; Doing presentations
What You Will Do
- Delivery of operational standards within the store in terms of Visual Merchandising, availability, customer service, stock maintenance, safety and security.
- Maintaining Brand integrity through display standards.
- Ensure proper security control of stocks in the store through the implementation of agreed delivery plans and by following company procedures relating to stock movement.
- Work with the merchandising team to ensure the availability of stock as well as identify and propose actions for slow moving / fast moving stocks for an efficient stock turnover.
- Ensure concerns and opportunities are addressed with the buying team with regards to ordering levels.
- Make sure IT systems are up and running without any business disruption.
- Ensure permits and licences required for food handling or any other related work permits are registered and renewed in a timely fashion in coordination with relevant Group parties and Government officials.
- Planning, strategizing, accounting the stores sales and profits.
- Reviewing and evaluating monthly Profit and Loss Reports ensuring all other required reports are submitted to the Regional Manager or relevant department.
- Developing marketing and promotional plans to boost the sales and profit levels of the store in coordination with the Regional Manager and the Marketing Department.
- Taking charge of product management like ordering, receiving, price changes, handling damaged products, and returns.
- Conduct daily floor walks generating positive sale driving actions and coach colleagues around conversion, basket drivers and profit optimisation.
- Utilised Working Week Framework to plan and execute store operations.
Growth and Customer Service
- Ensure all employees are trained on customer service behaviours and exhibits them on the shop floor.
- Proactively monitors customer behaviour and feedback to increase service levels.
- Works with customer research to identify any gaps or opportunities to increase service levels.
- Set an example for the team to follow.
- Monitors the performance of competitors in the market and identifies opportunities and threats are addressed and actions are implemented with coordination of the Regional Manager and Function Heads.
- Monitors the performance of the store and benchmarks for sales growth with the Store Management Team.
People – Hiring, training and development
- Responsible for hiring, training, development of employees.
- Ensures a training calendar for the store.
- Responsibility for ensuring staffing levels are adequate to effectively operate the store,
- Motivating, supporting and monitoring staff performance in all aspects.
- Ensuring adherence to HR requirements and procedures
- Ensuring adherence to health and safety requirements and procedures
- Ensure a succession plan in the store for growth of talent and un-interrupted business operations.
- Work with the Store Manager and ADM in preparation of annual budgets relating to sales, manpower, revenue and operating expenses.
- Ensure all relevant reports are issued on a timely basis.
- Ensures that there is an effective Admin Team in place to handle financial procedures including handling invoices, credit notes, petty cash, etc.
Required Skills To Be Successful
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills as well as good organisational, management and communication and sales skills
What Equips You For The Role
- 8 years of experience
- Retail and Whole sales experience
- Motivated and can work towards set targets and KPI’S
- Experience with and passion for premium fashion brands
- Commercial Acumen
- Customer focus
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…