Job Requisition ID: 142861
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United A”rab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organisation to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day.
We are currently seeking a treasury professional to join our Global Treasury Center team in the capacity of Senior Manager – Trade Finance.
To establish internal capabilities and run a team in charge of managing trade finance transactions across and on behalf of the Al-Futtaim Group entities in the UAE, GCC, Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong, (including other geographies as and when required) in compliance with treasury policies and procedures. The role is division agnostic, meaning that all activities will be performed on behalf of all the Al-Futtaim Group entities.
Trade Finance strategy and operations:
- Provide input into Trade Finance strategy and polices.
- Actively Review business cash flows to determine Group and country level Trade Finance requirements.
- Oversee all aspects of Trade Finance transactions (Letter of Guarantees, Letter of Credits, Working Capital Short Term Loans, etc.) on behalf of the divisions, in accordance with DOA
- Coordinate closely with Treasury Back Office Tower (TBOT) to ensure smooth trade operations such as issuance and amendment of LCs, issuance and amendments of bank guarantees, utilization of Short-term loans/Trust receipts etc.
Trade Finance Risk Management:
- Manage Trade Finance Risks by reviewing & negotiating Instrument terms & conditions.
- Liaison with business, suppliers, customers and banks to structure the Trade Finance instrument terms.
- Select the most competitive quotes from the banks for Trade Finance Execution.
- Provide inputs into the structuring of Trade Finance facilities with GTC – Corporate Financing (GTC/CF)
- The incumbent will be expected to be able to negotiate best terms and conditions with banks, in coordination with the other GTC functions
Governance and Transformation:
- Ensure compliance with Group treasury policies
- Provide inputs to Global Treasury Center – Governance, Risk Control & Transformation (GTC/GRCT) team on all reporting aspects.
- Monitor and report on Group position “Trade Finance” limits and utilization
- Provide inputs into cash management strategy including IHB and treasury policies
- Ensure proper records are maintained for all transaction, working closely with Treasury Back Office Tower (TBOT). Manage all loan utilizations, roll-over, etc.
- Provide inputs and act as a subject matter expert to the overall GTC transformation initiatives, in cooperation with GTC – Governance, Risk Control & Transformation (GTC/GRCT) team.
Other Treasury activities
- Support Cash Management team as and when required.
- Support other Treasury areas as and when required
Associate Development and succession planning
- Continuous development of associates on specialized skills required in managing cash and trade finance products.
Qualifications, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/accounting or equivalent, Master degree or equivalent, professional qualification in finance.
Minimum Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a treasury and trade finance role of which 2+ in managerial positions preferably in a large conglomerate, large multi-national company or a bank.
- Knowledge of Trade Finance products.
Job-Specific/Technical Skills required to complete the tasks:
- Proficiency in Trade Finance Rules – UCP600, URDG758, URC522, ISP98, and Incoterms 2010
- Certificate in Trade Finance Qualifications (CDCS & CSDG)
- Experience in Trade Finance system implementation preferred
- Experience in offering consultation in wider area of Trade Finance
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- knowledge of SAP TRM or equivalent, physical and notional pooling arrangements
- Strong analytical skills with an attention to details.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
We’re here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.