Job Requisition ID: 142025
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role:Possess broad knowledge of project controls concepts and principles and apply the as appropriate based on sound judgment and experience. Provide expert Planning & Scheduling service to Team Leader for Projects within their Portfolio on a major multi-functional private development, including providing strategic level programmes to Executive management. Work in close cooperation with Design, Development, Finance, Asset and Commercial Departments providing expert level services as required under the direction of the Senior Planning Manager.
What You Will Do
- Supporting, as directed, line manager in provision of programme planning and scheduling Management Services for a portfolio of works or single large project.
- Providing programme advice to the AFGRE Team. Establish and maintain scheduling standards and procedures at a professional level. Expert understanding of large project and multiple project scheduling techniques.
- Advising AFGRE team and clients on time frames of projects and consultancy services to meet time, and target dates to meet the development plan
- Prepare programmes and accurate cash flow projections for Finance Department, lenders and partners, to enable them to ensure adequate funding is available to service consultants and contractors payment applications. .
- Assisting in the preparation of project development feasibility studies and presentations prepared by the AFGRE team.
- Agree the Project measurement system (PMS) and key indicators with the Consultants / Contractors
- To report on portfolio programme status and risks on a monthly basis.
- Extension of Time claims and Critical Path Analysis. Assessment of potential time impact of design / construction changes and schedule slippages across packages and recommends solutions or recovery plans . Review and comment on Contractors claims for delay and disruption and prepare if applicable contra-claims for Team Leaders and Contracts Managers consideration.
- Ensure accurate and timely records are maintained and respond to Contractors or Consultants communications as directed by the Team Leader .
- Review Consultants / Contractors Tender and Works programmes and make recommendations to Team Leaders in respect of compliance with Contract and compatibility with the Employers delivery requirements. Should any deviations or non-compliances be identified the Planning Manager will interrogate the provider of the programme and make recommendations to maintain compliance with the Employers requirements.
- Assessment of Contractor’s progress reports, analysis of the Earned Value and advise the Commercial team of achieved values and any deviation from the plan.
- Investigate reasons for potential delays, negotiate with Contractor and recommend recovery strategy. Carry out forensic analysis on Contractors claims for delay and disruption, and analyse Contractors Mitigation measures for effectiveness. Investigate further Mitigation options as well as time & cost of potential acceleration measures.
- Review scope change requests for the impact on schedules and the critical path of the project. Maintain variation register. Prepare reconciliation between earlier schedules and the current schedule. Consolidate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and “What if scenarios” to aid project management decision-making.
- By attending project meetings and monitoring progress of assigned projects to capture major programme issues in coordination with Project Team.
- Ensure awareness of the Project Management Team of all pertinent programme issues by constant communication and coordination with the Project Team.
- To use standard form reports, to review the consultant and contractor reports, and programme submissions.
- Complying with and using AFGRE forms and processes to ensure internal approvals are obtained in accordance with group policies and the Delegation of Authority.
- Provide the complete service interface between customers and Projects & Development department by ensuring service requirements are met in accordance with budget and programme
Required Skills To Be Successful
- Majority of the experience must be in planning and scheduling function. Hands on budget forecast and preparation of cash flow in line with the development programme.
- Must have knowledge of FIDIC
- Excellent communication skills- fluency in English is a must
- Local experience and knowledge of regulations is preferred
- Proficient in Primavera (P6, Expedition) and MS Project is a must. MS Office suites including MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint.
Behavioural Competencies :
- Professional Knowledge
- Encourage subordinates
- Training and coaching
- Personal Leadership
What Equips You For The Role
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Candidate has to be holder of Engineering University Degree and should have at least 10 years experience with engineering, procurement, construction projects and, Projects planning & scheduling functions, including schedule development and schedule analysis, budget forecast, of multiple large projects and at least 5 years experience in a Planning management role with planning, schedule and supervision of personnel responsibilities.
- Professional qualification (PMI, PSP) a preference but not a necessity.
- 10 years
- Significant experience in major developments including Infrastructure, Retail, Residential, and High Rise buildings .
About Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate
The real estate development and operations arm of Al-Futtaim, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate is responsible for a multi-billion-dollar portfolio across MENA. With high-quality residential, business, retail, tourism, educational and healthcare developments, the master developer caters to the diverse needs of cities and communities in the region. From origination, conception, development, sales, procurement and construction of mega-projects and the leasing, operation and management of these projects after completion, Al-Futtaim Group Real Estate (AFGRE) has been developing and managing owned landbanks, unlocking the economic potential of the region and contributing to future development for more than 40 years.
Our focus is to enable and invest in meaningful relationships to make our properties the best places to live and work, build additional products and services and enable partnerships to create true value to our customers throughout their entire experience with us.
AFGRE is responsible for master planning of all projects in its portfolio, including two large scale mixed use destinations: Dubai Festival City and Cairo Festival City.