AECOM Middle East are currently seeking experienced Senior Structural Engineers, to join our building engineering team, in Abu Dhabi. The Senior Engineer will serve as a fully capable professional in a structural engineering design team. The Senior Structural Engineer plans, (including budget + resources), schedules, organizes, coordinates and executes the design work on any/all phases of development on small to medium scale projects (or distinct portions of larger projects), with regular interaction with an Associate or designated senior team member.
- Organises own and others work to achieve set deadlines
- Responsible for the completeness & accuracy of own work. Responsible for the correctness, accuracy and complete multi-disciplinary coordination of the design documentation prepared by the assigned team
- Prepares Structural Design / Analysis models and calculations and co-ordinates with the BIM model production and other coordination software
- Adopts creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops appropriate research and documentation to support these solutions
- Develops specific, standardized procedures to achieve project requirements and deadlines
- Proactively prepares, checks and coordinates project Structural Design models and drawings and ensure they meet Client requirements and Industry Standards and project BIM Execution Plans
- Ensures accuracy and quality of discipline Structural models information, presentation, and coordination
- Takes accountability for own work and subordinates work
- Collaborates/communicates with other disciplines regarding coordination issues and common design tasks
- Regularly reviews and checks their own and team deliverables for accuracy, efficiency and thoroughness ensuring delivery is as per Client requirements and Industry standards
- Minimum 10 years post-graduate experience
- Proven related professional experience in a Structural Engineering Practice
- Experience of working on medium to large-scale projects
- Middle East experience preferred (3+ years)
- B.Sc or BEng in Civil / Structural Engineering
- International Accreditations (MIStructE or equivalent preferred)
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Structural
Business Line Building Engineering
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Arab Emirates
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 269227BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.