AECOM Middle East’s award winning Building Engineer team are growing. We’re currently seeking Electrical Design Engineers to join our Design Studio, in Abu Dhabi.
The Electrical Engineer – will support major design and construction projects including performing electrical engineering analysis and design, establishing project design requirements, design criteria, and estimating assumptions, directing design consultants, supporting construction and commissioning efforts, interfacing with clients customers, consultants, and construction firms.
- Responsible for the preparation and review of electrical design calculations, drawings, specifications, and tender documents for the design projects.
- Responsible for the participation in the progress and coordination meetings of the design projects and the preparation of the meeting records.
- Liaison and coordination with all applicable Local Authority Departments to obtain approval on design projects.
- Review of works produced by the electrical engineers and the necessary coordination with other AECOM Middle East discipline Engineers as applicable for the continuity of the design projects.
- Responsible for the design review of the electrical services.
- Provide and coordinate electrical design output and assist the Associate Director
- Develops probable construction cost estimates for projects within the department.
- Prepares complex design computations in quantity estimates. May serve as an on-sight project representative.
- Performs complex technical work in support of project work.
- Recommends appropriate actions to ensure compliance with all local regulations.
- Significant-level exercise of judgement is required on details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptions of engineering alternatives.
- Preparing technical proposals and reports
4 -8 years’ experience in mechanical design systems on large scale building developments with a focus on retail, mixed use and hospitality developments.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (BEng or BSc)
- Professional Engineer (PE)/ ISPE member / other suitable accreditation desired.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Engineering Design
Business Line Building Engineering
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Arab Emirates
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 269001BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.