Our Building Engineering team is expanding and we’re currently recruiting and Associate – Fire Protection to join our Design team based in Dubai. The successful candidate will oversee a portfolio of retail and hospitality projects. The Associate contributes to the development of the company by supporting the senior management team in the progressive evolution of AECOM’s design philosophy, research activities and technical development. HVAC specialist with good PH experience is preferred & ability to lead on overall mechanical design (HVAC/PH).
- Serves as a fully capable professional within a discipline
- Ensures, directly and through subordinates, that projects are completed on time and meet all requirements of the Design Brief
- Responsible for the correctness, accuracy and complete multi-disciplinary coordination of the design documentation prepared by the assigned team
- Ensures the quality of technical work produced by team meets AECOM’s Technical Excellence standards
- Responsible for mechanical (HVAC and PH) resource planning for the project and reporting project needs to senior team members
- Applies advanced knowledge to develop design procedures and tools to facilitate the completion of high quality, cost effective projects
- Routinely interacts with clients, contractors, local authority representatives and others using skills of persuasion and negotiation to resolve critical issues
- Responsible for key design input at early design phases and for general design leadership during the course of the project
- Minimum 15 years post-graduate experience
- Proven related Mechanical (HVAC & PH) design experience
- Experience of working on large scale projects including site experience
- Building engineering design background with ME experience
- Experience with renowned engineering consultancy
- BEng or BSc in Mechanical Engineering or Building Engineering.
- International Accreditation preferred (MCIBSE, MASHRAE or equivalent).
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Mechanical
Business Line Building Engineering
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Arab Emirates
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 269527BR
Additional Locations AE – Abu Dhabi, UAE – International Tower
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.