Make Amazing Happen!
Do you have your eye on the future and want to make a difference? As a recent graduate, you’ll have the chance to work alongside industry leaders on iconic projects that help shape and connect our cities and communities through AECOM’s wide variety of graduate opportunities available. Learn from challenges that can only be solved by a company like AECOM, one with deep roots, diverse perspectives and an innovative approach. Build your future and make an impact with the support of their global network of experience.
What do AECOM do?
At AECOM we believe that infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Our 45,000+ professionals around the world partner with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for generations to come. From transportation, water and energy, to buildings and national governments, AECOM is the world’s premier infrastructure firm. Whether you are an engineer, planner, scientist or surveyor, we are looking for people who share our purpose and are passionate about improving the communities in which we operate.
Responsibilities & Duties
The candidate will be providing pre & post contract support for the AECOM MEP Team. They will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of all commercial MEP aspects from the pre contract works right through to project completion.
The candidate will generally be responsible for the following tasks:
- Constant interaction with his/her teammates.
- Assisting in preparing cost reports, cash flows, payment applications and assessing variation orders.
- Obtaining cost information from various sources.
- Assist in the preparation of detailed cost breakdowns and detailed measures.
- Assist in analyzing tender returns, recommend negotiating points and participate directly in negotiations.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates to assess the cost of changes/ variations and claims.
- To maintain and develop good relationships with clients, take every opportunity to uphold and increase the profile of the firm as a provider of professional, premium quality services to the construction industry.
- Must have graduated either in 2021 or graduating no later than Sept 2022
- Successful applicants must have a minimum 3.4 GPA or 2:1 (or equivalent) and above
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential (English).
- Ability to independently perform highly complex professional assignments.
- Excellent understanding of construction materials, means and methods.
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Quantity Surveying or Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an accredited University
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Cost Management and Consulting Services
Business Line PCC
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Arab Emirates
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 270345BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.