Make Amazing Happen!
Do you have your eye on the future and want to make a difference?
As a recent graduate, you’ll have the chance to work alongside industry leaders on iconic projects that help shape and connect our cities and communities through AECOM’s wide variety of graduate opportunities available. Learn from challenges that can only be solved by a company like AECOM, one with deep roots, diverse perspectives and an innovative approach. Build your future and make an impact with the support of their global network of experience.
What do AECOM do?
At AECOM we believe that infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Our 45,000+ professionals around the world partner with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for generations to come. From transportation, water and energy, to buildings and national governments, AECOM is the world’s premier infrastructure firm. Whether you are an engineer, planner, scientist or surveyor, we are looking for people who share our purpose and are passionate about improving the communities in which we operate.
We encourage creativity, support flexibility, value diversity and embrace the new and the ground-breaking. You’ll be exposed to more technical excellence and disciplines than anywhere else, working with visionary clients, partners, colleagues and mentors.We will provide you with support, training and direction to ensure you have a positive placement with us and return to university feeling inspired!
The Graduate Design Manager serves as a developing professional in design management team, involved on developing and finalizing work on specific elements of a project under the direction and supervision of a Design Manager or designated senior team member on tasks such as:
- Supporting team in planning, defining, organizing and managing the design process activities to bring about the successful completion of small to medium scale projects,
- Assisting in collecting data and inputs from design leads for Design Manager to develops design program,
- Assisting team in managing design procedures, information exchange, issue logs, RFI s, design trackers,
- Assisting in following up with Designers confirming that co-ordination issues are resolved (through use of task log or similar tracking tools)
- Assisting in reviews of deliverables prepared by discipline leads to check alignment and consistency with Client and contract requirements.
- Assists with review of scope of work, roles & responsibilities,
- Assists the team with regular updates on Design controlling change tracker,
- Assists the team with regular updates on Risk manager tracker,
- Must have graduated either in 2021 or graduating no later than Sept 2022
- Successful applicants must have a minimum 3.4 GPA or 2:1 (or equivalent) and above
- It is advised that candidates provide references of any previous:
- – Work experience,
- – Internships completed,
- – Courses obtained,
- – Software’s used
- Bachelor or Master of Science or Engineering in Design Management, Architecture, Interior Design or any related fields from an accredited University
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Architecture and Design
Business Line Building Engineering
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Arab Emirates
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 271442BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.