Make Amazing Happen!
Do you have your eye on the future and want to make a difference?
As a recent graduate, you’ll have the chance to work alongside industry leaders on iconic projects that help shape and connect our cities and communities through AECOM’s wide variety of graduate opportunities available. Learn from challenges that can only be solved by a company like AECOM, one with deep roots, diverse perspectives and an innovative approach. Build your future and make an impact with the support of their global network of experience.
What do AECOM do?
At AECOM we believe that infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Our 45,000+ professionals around the world partner with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for generations to come. From transportation, water and energy, to buildings and national governments, AECOM is the world’s premier infrastructure firm. Whether you are an engineer, planner, scientist or surveyor, we are looking for people who share our purpose and are passionate about improving the communities in which we operate.
We encourage creativity, support flexibility, value diversity and embrace the new and the ground-breaking. You’ll be exposed to more technical excellence and disciplines than anywhere else, working with visionary clients, partners, colleagues and mentors.We will provide you with support, training and direction to ensure you have a positive placement with us and return to university feeling inspired!
Responsibilities & Duties
- Develops designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, and project models as per specific discipline requirement. Works on drawings under the supervision of an experienced Engineer.
- Assists with the design content by applying both design and technical knowledge to ensure high-quality outputs under project timelines.
- Under Supervision, performs work following the agreed-upon budget and schedule.
- When required, collects and analyses information from specific discipline and interdisciplinary project BIM models.
- Uses computer software as a tool for solving fundamental engineering problems.
- Coordinates with other discipline Engineers as applicable for the continuity of the design process.
- Participates in design progress and coordination meetings.
- Checks and ensures the quality of model production by BIM/CAD teams for accuracy to design instructions.
- Actively seeks information, opportunities to participate and contribute, and develops efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Contributes by solving problems and applying experience or theoretical knowledge to atypical assignments.
- Must have graduated either in 2021 or graduating no later than Sept 2022
- Successful applicants must have a minimum 3.4 GPA or 2:1 (or equivalent) and above
- This role requires courses/project work in Civil Engineering within the following areas:
- Transportation Planning
- Any software experience in the following would be beneficial:
- BIM software
- MicroStation software
- Must be able to be located in Al Ain
- Bachelor or Master of Science or Engineering in Civil Engineering from an accredited University
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Civil
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Arab Emirates
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 270839BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.