The following are the significant roles and responsibilities of MEP engineer:
Electrical Power And Lighting
Fire Alarm Expertise
Attention To Details
Responsive In Nature
- MEP engineer has to review plans and specifications according to the plan.
- MEP Engineer has to provide technical advice to staff designer, supervisor, inspector, and contracting service provider regarding installation and maintenance of MEP System.
- MEP System has to analyse mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing engineering problems and formulate solutions.
- MEP Engineer has to identify problems in the design, planning, manage and delivering multiple projects.
- MEP Engineer has to prepare and deliver effective oral presentations whenever required.
- Advise the Project Director of any technical aspects of the mechanical services that may affect construction progress, e.g., quality or snag.
- Continually review the contractor’s construction schedule during the progress of the site works regarding MEP services and report to the Project Director on the same.
- Manage the day-to-day work of the MEP team.
- Review the Contractor’s installation method statements.
- Review Contractor’s shop drawings against the design drawings for compliance with the design intent and return to Project Director with appropriate comments/approval within the specified contractual period.
- Review contractor’s mechanical shop drawing in conjunction with the structural and electrical engineers to ensure engineering coordination and advise the Project Director accordingly.
- Where required, prepare technical clarifications to the tendered design to suit specific on-site construction and coordination issues.
- Review Contractor’s mechanical services material proposals against specified technical performance requirements and advise the Project Director on the appropriateness of the recommendations.
- Review Contractor’s proposed subcontractor(s) associated with the engineering works from a technical standpoint.
- Undertake general project site observation/inspection of the mechanical services works for Contractor’s adherence to the approved shop drawings and Consultant’s specification, good working practices, and construction schedule.
- Monitor and promote health and safety on the site. Record and report any breaches to the project manage . If required, stop the construction works if unsafe practices are being followed.
- Be available to undertake off-site inspections of proposed equipment and materials as may be deemed necessary by the Project Manager.
- Undertake a prior review of the Contractor’s proposed mechanical system testing & commissioning methods and schedule – MEP Engineer roles and responsibilities.
- Witness on-site piped system pressure test, air conditioning duct leakage testing, and other testing that may be required during the first fix works and advise the Project Director accordingly.
- On a spot basis, witness mechanical system final testing and commissioning.
- Review and comment on the Contractor’s testing and commissioning results and advise the Project Director accordingly.
- Maintain an ongoing list of mechanical services defects for the contractor’s remedial action.
- Undertake final project snagging and prepare a list of defects for the Contractor’s action.
- Attend project, site progress, and any mechanical services-related technical meetings directed by the project manager.
- Prepare draft site/engineer’s instructions relating to the mechanical building services, as required, and issue to the Project Manager.
- Provide advice to the Project Director regarding any mechanical services related to variable costs that the Contractor may claim during the works.
- Review and comment on the Contractor’s Operation and Maintenance manuals.
- 15 years experience overall
- 5 years experience in the UAE
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related qualification
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Engineering – Electrical / Electronic
Business Line Water
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Arab Emirates
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 271440BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.