This position will be site based in charge of a package (project) responsible for providing planning, scheduling and Forensic delay analysis to Project Lead and other Project team members.
- Understanding work scope, quantity and familiar with logical sequencing of construction disciplines;
- Providing detailed review, analysis and monitoring of the procurement and construction programmes with Critical path Method analysis of the Contractor, Subcontractors and Utilities
- Working closely on a day to day basis with the planners of the contractor to monitor and/or amend the Contractor’s baseline programme of Work
- Providing progress reports, graphs and critical path analysis for the monthly and weekly progress reports to the Project Management Consultant (PMC)
- Reporting to the Project Lead any risks, opportunities and any mitigation strategies to maintain the project completion date
- Reviewing actual progress against the construction programme and prepare and report to the to the Project Lead accordingly
- Advise Project Lead for any early warning in regard to potential delay events
- Attending site and convening workshops with the site supervision team as necessary to get snap-shots in time and keeping an update on actual progress on site
- Conducting independent site visits to evaluate the contractor’s site progress against his programme and reporting to the Project Lead accordingly
- Providing support to the Cost Control Team in understanding the programme risks and opportunities of potential additional works and variation proposals
- Maintaining records of monitoring of the programme to enable input and support to the Project Lead and Cost Control Team to evaluate any related Contractor claims and variations as considered necessary
- Providing assistance to the PMC during negotiations, arbitration, or any other forms of dispute resolution
- Review claims (Time Impact Analysis / Window/APAB), defense and review of particulars and chronology of events
- Investigate for potential delay events and determining presence of concurrent delay
- Review and prepare prospective and retrospective delay analysis
- Present & discuss EoT claims with knowledge of contract mechanisms
- Specific Skills Required:
- Must have working experience of major multi-contract projects.
- Working knowledge of Time Impact Analysis and Forensic delay analysis.
- Advanced knowledge of planning principles, methodology, practices of research and data collection
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software (especially MS Excel and Word) and Internet applications.
- Fully conversant with Primavera packages and MS Project.
- Fully conversant with the standard forms of contract.
- Ability to develop, monitor and control schedules.
- Hands on working knowledge of WBS coding structure, cost /schedule variance analysis,
- Earned Value Management (EVMS), project trend, contract change and claims.
- Knowledge of effective writing techniques
- A minimum of 10+ years’ experience in the Planning / Project Controls field is required. Applicants would ideally have worked on major programs and mixed use developments.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Planning
Business Line Construction Services
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Arab Emirates
Position Status Temporary
Requisition/Vacancy No. 271777BR
Additional Locations AE – Abu Dhabi, UAE – International Tower
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.