- Take lead on multiple urban design projects and define projects roles and responsibilities.
- Lead client interface and manage projects contractual requirements.
- Plan and conduct design and creative review sessions for ongoing projects and competitions.
- Identify skills gaps, source, interview and recruit new joiners.
- Present market research outcomes and develop thought leaderships presentation for use by wider team.
- Well aware of urban design standards applied generally across urban design projects sourced from planning authorities and urban design regulatory guidelines.
- Drive and conduct site opportunity and constraints studies for project and proposals to be presented internally and externally. Derive design ideas for implementation and further consideration.
- Contribute to the studio design ethos discussions and design drivers. Establish projects innovative visions in line with the studio ethos, the site potentials and the project brief.
- Lead urban design projects deliverables in line with applicable planning authorities’ requirements and client requirements. Ensure compliance of deliverables against the scope of works and contracts.
- Clearly understand the Architecture, Urban Design and Landscape scopes and the synergies and overlaps in between on projects and in the studio.
- Able to develop new urban design and building typologies applicable to projects and to sites with conditions. Able to tailor design response to project specific conditions.
- Narrate urban design ideas clearly through literature in reports and in presentations and guide/mentor direct reports in method of effective report writing.
- Bridge between delivering design ideas and delivering to budget. Understand client objectives and steer design thinking accordingly.
- Actively engage in promoting innovative urban design attributes and influence peers and reports.
- Promote the use of new innovative digital tools in urban design projects and engage in internal research and development.
- Identify new potential areas of innovation and improvement in design ideation and presentation that the urban design team can benefit from.
- Lead and present internal and external workshops and drive outcome for benefit of projects and the studio.
- Manage, coordinate and deliver urban design bids and proposals while tailor technical approach, methodologies and delivery structure. Prepare and coordinating commercial aspects of bids in line with project expectations.
- Be an advocate of quality procedures applicable to the urban design Technical practice group and apply continuously thorough self-checks and reviews of deliverables before being shared.
- Implement safety in design standards and procedures and report on safety inside and outside the work environment any incident or near misses that might impact staff.
- Organize internal libraries and update internal urban design capabilities statement.
- Promote innovation and change in the urban design graphics across projects and document the same for wider team use.
- Professional membership such as RTPI, AICP, PIA, CIP, SIP or equivalent required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning and Design, Environment, Urban Policy, Sustainable Development or
- Master’s degree preferred.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Designer / Drafting / CADD / CAD
Business Line U&P
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Arab Emirates
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 260227BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.