The Senior Quantity Surveyor is charged with the responsibility of correlating information relating to all financial aspects of an assigned project. He / she should be aware of all financial matters and maintaining of quantity books and shall advise the Project Manager regarding all financial matters.
He / she will have a thorough knowledge of the procedures and instructions and efficiently keep current all project records related to quantity surveying. You will be able, from these records, to impart any available information to the Project Manager for proper administration of the project.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist Directors in leading and delivery of all aspects of quantity surveying from inception of a project through to completion.
- Achieve the highest standards of professional competence and to demonstrate this ability in all dealings with clients and professional contacts, reinforcing the profile of the company.
- To maintain and develop good relationships with clients, take every opportunity to uphold and increase the profile of the firm as a provider of professional, premium quality services to the construction industry.
- Chair commercial meetings actively participate lead monthly progress meetings, and interface with other construction team members to plan and meet overall project deliverables.
- Responsible for preparing all commercial based management information as required to support monthly and ad-hoc reporting requirements.
- Initiate, monitor and respond to all Contractual and Commercial correspondences.
- As primary project cost controller, ensures that the project remains on budget through the design and construction phases.
- Preparation of earned value reports.
- Prepares, reviews, and updates cash-flows.
- Estimates variation orders for Subcontractors/GC Contractors.
- Reviews and evaluates payment certificates for Subcontractors/GC Contractor.
- Evaluates and negotiates variations and change orders in liaison with the Contract Administrator, Commercial Manager, Design and Construction Team.
- Evaluates and negotiates final accounts settlements.
- Identify, Evaluate and Prepare EOT claims, and Disruption claims in collaboration with the PM/CM to ensure timely and expedite submission of the same, and most importantly regularly follow up to reach closures.
- Undertaking Contract Administration of Sub-Contractors; tasks including preparing subcontract, preparing the BOQ, verifying subbies interim payment applications, variations, claims and agreeing on subbies final account.
- Possess sound knowledge and experience of all infrastructure works elements – roads, bridges, sitewide utilities, associated plants and equipment etc.
- Manage evaluation of all change management including variations, additional works, field changes, additions and omissions, and incorporation of the same within the monthly cost reports.
- Prepare star rates for new items and independently negotiate the rates for valuing of any instructed variations.
- Conducting viability studies and cost estimates.
- Manage negotiations, arbitration, or any other forms of dispute resolution.
- Evaluates and negotiates final accounts settlements
- Sound knowledge of industry recognized Contract forms (FIDIC) and standard methods of measurement including CESMM, POMI, NRM.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Minimum 15 year’s experience in the industry.
- Bachelor of Science in Quantity Surveying and/or Engineering (or equivalent) from an accredited, internationally recognized institution or University. Shall be a MRICS or equivalent accreditation.
What We Offer
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Cost Management and Consulting Services
Business Line PCC
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Arab Emirates
Position Status Full Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 272009BR
Additional Locations AE – Al Ain, UAE – Liwa Centre Building
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.